Friday, April 4, 2008

The MY-UK Book Sale

29 March (Sat): Despite the heavy schedule I had, I decided to do some shopping in Happy Mansion which is within walking distance. Shopping? In Happy Mansion?? Yes!! In Happy Mansion!! There was a book sale hosted by Daphne Lee, a book review writer for The Star. Thanks to her, I was informed about this book sale. Otherwise, I won't even get the chance to buy so many cheap second hand books. Secondhand they might be, many of the books are still new.

The book sale isn't any ordinary book sale. The main purpose of MY_UK Book Sale is to raise funds for the MY-UK project, a creative arts exchange between Malaysian and British kids. Quoted in facebook: "The aim of this exchange is to, ultimately, enable the participants to share with their communities what they have learnt, through performances and workshops."

Of course, I saw Daphne Lee there but I did not talk her (she's busy chatting with the young assistance at the book sale). Proud to say I bought 7 books for only RM63! That means the average of one book is less than RM10!!! How cheap can that be??

The 7 books I bought are mostly children fantasies (love the creativity of fantasies) and classics. Besides fantasies (The Secret Country, The Keepers Book One) and classics (The Secret Garden, Agnes Grey) , the 7 also includes Nancy Drew, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and Abandoned (looks nice as it is about a girl who has a very complicated background, sexually abused by her own uncle and abandoned by her parents. One day, her most trusted and loved aunt whom she called Mummy left her. Pitiful eh?).


All 7 books!!


The Keepers Book One: A wizard Named Neil (by Jackie French Koller)


Nancy Drew Password to Lakespur Lane (by Carolyn Keene)


The Secret Country (by Jane Johnson)


Agnes Grey (by Anne Bronte)


The Secret Garden (by Frances Hodgson Brunett)


Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events


And lastly....


Abandoned (by Anya Peters)

2 comments:

ViViEnNe said...

i still can't bliv it!!nini din inform me!*pout pout*
hehehe..nvm...find one day, i'll go and steal it from u!!!ahahahah!!!

jeannie said...

sorry la...next time i'll inform u when there's a book sale, k?? I promise.. dun pout la..very ugly u know..hehe