H- Ho Wen Keun (roommate)
L- Lee Lin Jie ( housemate)
P- Loo Boon Pei (housemate)
B- Boey Oi Yoke (housemate)
S- Su Koh Li (housemate)
F- Fion (housemate)
A- Albert (housemate)
My bedroom door opened and my roommate's short-haired head popped in. The door was pushed further ajar and I could see Lin Jie beside my roommate.
The light from my room half-flooded the dark corridor outside, casting long shadows of the two. The corridor was dark. Maybe not totally dark...There was some kind of orange light. I couldn't see the source of the orange light.
"This is strange," I thought. "Is there a blackout?"
"Couldn't be...The lamp and fan in my room is still on," I shook the thought away. Duh!I don't care what's happening. I was too tired to bother myself with this.
H: Big sis (they call me big sis), can you come out for a while?
J: Why?
L: Big sis...[ she looked upset and exhausted] Help me...something's wrong with my laptop...can you come and see what's wrong with it? [ she put up a more exhaustive face]
J: What happened to your laptop? Hang?
L: Dunno...Can you come and take a look?
H: Come faster la!! Don't hesitate la...aduh!
J: Ok ok...
I walked out to the dark corridor outside. Something behind the wall moved out of hiding...
J: AHHHHHHH- [ halfway through the scream, I stopped.] H,L,P,B,F,A,S: Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you~~~~~
I patted my chest...They really gave me a fright. I thought...forget about it...
This was a surprise birthday party, not some spooky event so I'll skip what I thought.haha!
Almost all my housemates were there, singing birthday song in half darkness.
Aha! So that's the source of the orange light! Candle light!
I was momentarily stunned. But I was touched too. I did not expect this. Bless them.
We ate the cake...or shall I say ate and played with the cake. They were attacking each other with cream. Thanks to Lin Jie who started this by attacking me and Oi Yoke for making things
worse.
The whole night was chaotic. Everybody was chasing everybody else, trying to attack as many people they can reached. Eventually, Albert shut himself in the bathroom, my roommate and Lin Jie shut themselves in my room. The living room, stairs, landing,...EVERYWHERE was a total mess.
Cream all over the face...
However, I have to admit I rather enjoyed myself that night; playing and laughing till my stomache hurts.
Hey! Don't think I forgot you guys! While cleaning up, I was thinking how fortunate I am to have such good friends. A few days I just received some wonderful presents from my coursemates and now this!
Want to know what are the gifts I received? Okok...I'll show you. Proud to show you what you all have given me.Hehe!
Amy's gift (I've tried it on, Amy! And it fits! Yay!)
Sue Sin's gift (okok...I got your message...I'll TRY to sleep early.hahaha!)
Sharwin's gift ( Thanks! It's cute! ;) )

Bought by Amy- contains wishes from most of you (even Dr.Carmen! Surprise indeed!)

Packed with birthday wishes...

Yeevon wants to be unique... She's the only person writing at the back page instead of the main middle pages. Haha!

4 comments:
awwww so sweet :D...
i neva really got a suprised bday party b4 :|
no? how come? =( nienie, glad that you can wear the shirt.. =) =)
Hehe. :P That was so nice. I never get "BOO!" before. Haha. Sleep earlier huh cuz that moo moo will tell me if u are staying up late. :D
amy:
what how come? There's probably a gap between us. I dun gt wat u said. haha!
suesin:
haha! That moomoo cant talk la,suesin.. XD
Post a Comment