People would sometimes ask me if I have taken any part time jobs before. Indeed I have. I've tried several jobs since I seem to be having problem with staying put with one job. Hopefully I won't add to the list below:
1. Waitress cum Cashier at Marrybrown - First job which has the lowest salary. I only earned around RM100 for that sole month I worked there.
2. Clerk for Purchaser Dept. in V.S. Company - An extremely complicated environment which is hard to endure. Maybe it's because V.S. is a big company. Salary is reasonable though. It was also the only time I O.T. until 12a.m. with my CS.
3. Sales assistant at E-Books (IOI Mall) - Holiday work with my Huey. Seems like nobody wanted to be a cashier there so I was always asked to do the job. Can be daunting when there are too many customers.
4. Teacher cum Receptionist at Alpha Tuition Centre - I applied for the tuition teacher post but since they did not have a receptionist, I would always have to do the work of a receptionist. Usually in the day time, there was only me at the centre so if any parents came, I would have to think of a way to split myself in order to meet the parents as well as ensuring the students are well-behaved in the class. Worked full time for one month before I changed to part time so I don't have to become a receptionist.
5. Indoor Sales Assistant at Verbena Pattisierie - It should be the strictest pattisierie you could imagine. This also means working at Verbena is super duper exhausting. 1st rule: Do not stop working even for a second. They emphasize on anything that can make a pattisier the best shop you could find in the town. Quality work, hygiene, outlook, taste, details, speed and so on. Inspection, observation, tests, examination and scrutinisation occured everyday to check on the efficiency of the workers and the quality of the products. And because of this, a newly employed girl who worked for Baker's Cottage before worked at Verbena for hardly half a day before quitting the job. Imagine that. lol! But no matter how many nightmares Verbena has given me, I have to admit that due to their efficient and quality work, the product is nonethelss, of the best quality. That is, I assume, also the reason to the visitation of so many customers as well as the ever-fast-selling products pehnomenon. Clean, fresh and tasty pastries!
6. Sales Assistant at Earthsound Car Accesories - Not my choice of job I would say. I have never been an expert in anything to do with cars. But since it's my cousin's shop and they urgently need helpers, I have no choice but help out. Anyway, I only worked for around 2 weeks.
7. Sales Assistant cum Cashier at Glamous Boutique - Never been good in fashion either. Also my cousins' shop so I just went there to help out. The most relaxing job I've ever done. When they are no customers, we can sit at the sofa and watch TV. In the afternoon, we can have tea breaks. Hungry? Just have some biscuits and a cup of tea/coffee provided. Chatting with XY most of the time. Quite enjoyable.
8. Student Assistant in UTAR - Boring work. Filing work most of the time. It can be quite enjoyable if the filing system in UTAR is more systematic. Ju and I had a hard time looking for files which could not be found at all. But still, happy to be able to work with Ju. Partner in academic, partner at work.
I think that's all. Maybe I left out a job or two. I wouldn't know. So far, that's all I can think of now. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
boutique huh?hahaa..so relax?!
Post a Comment