Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

It's Christmas!! And I met Hsuen Huey (again). We went to Sweet Dynasty with Yen Fang and her boyfriend. Finally I get to meet her boyfriend. Hmm...her boyfriend's not bad. Looks like those gentleman type with a sense of humour at times.

Mum thought I was going to go to church when I said I'm going to meet Hsuen Huey and Yen Fang on Christmas day (Huey and Fang are both Christians). Frankly speaking, it's quite frustrating to see mum jumping into that conclusion. Probably she still thinks I want to be a Christian when in fact, I just want to remain a free thinker.

But then, so what if I've been to a church or a mosque or whatever? I've been to a church when Huey was baptized but it was just because I want to attend the ceremony which Huey (one of my best friends) thinks is an important event to her. Partly it's also because I'm curious what they do when one is being baptized. But I still have no intention of becoming a Christian. I didn't pray when they are praying nor do I donate money to the church when they did. I just watched.

So what if I put my hands together as if I'm praying? It'll probably be an act of respect (like you have to take off your shoes when you enter a mosque or when you take joss sticks when you're a Christian). I'm not going to really pray or what (no offense to Christians) because I still have no intention of becoming a Christian.

Many friends of mine have been telling me about the Christianity (or some have urge me to become one). I respect the religion like I respect Buddhism. I've thought a lot through the years and I've already concluded years ago that I want to remain a free thinker. A free thinker who respects every religion even though I'm not a follower. A free thinker who is allowed to learn the different religions. I really don't wish to see mum jumping to the conclusion that I want to be a Christian nor restrict me from learning the different religions I'm interested to know. I can assure you I really just want to remain a free thinker.

If I have not decided that I just want to be a free thinker, I would already have become a Christian by now (judging by the exposure to Christianity and Christian friends I have). Don't worry. I'm a free thinker and in the years to come, I know I will still be a free thinker.

Sorry to disappoint you friends if you have any intention of converting me into a Christian.

Anyway, I'm glad I managed to finish my tenancy agreement in the afternoon. Although it was mostly cut and paste work :P, overall I'm quite satisfied with it. At least i finished the thing and that means I have one thing less to worry about! I just hope it can pass as an agreement and that it wont pose any problems to me later on.



Santa Village in Lapland (2008). Taken from its official website.


Santa Village (night view) on 2007.

Would love to visit Santa Village one day...The day when I'm rich! XD

No comments: